There are separate rules for “Tie Up Loose Ends” competition here.
All 2022 submissions, including Tie Up Loose Ends films, MUST include a processing fee, used to defray the show production costs. Submit through FilmFreeway.
Fees depend on which deadline you use.
Early (up to March 4, 2022) $15
Regular (up to June 4, 2022): $20
Late (up to July 4, 2022): $30
Any filmmaker may submit a short film (under 25 minutes) in the following genres:
Shot on Mobile
*The MIFF is a primarily a short film festival that may include several features if time permits. Productions longer than 25 minutes may be submitted through special arrangement.
Productions that would be rated more restrictively than “R” will not be selected by the MIFF.
How to submit:
Submission is through FilmFreeway.
MIFF Delivery Guidelines for Accepted Productions
Goal: Provide us the highest quality practical of your production.
- Audio levels: dialog normal (average dialog level) should be -20 dBFS(1).
- Audio encoding: should be 48KHz 24-bit samples with no compression(2). Mono to 7.1 is accepted.
- Non-English submissions: must have English subtitles burned in (included in the video)
- Resolution and Framerate: should be the same pixel dimensions and framerate used in production. (Do not pillar box or letter box the video.)
- Delivery format: preferred formats include ProRes 422, DNxHD, DNxHR, or another high-quality commonly available low compression CODEC.
- Delivery medium: preferred is via electronic transfer (FTP server, DropBox, WeTransfer, FileZilla, or other file transfer service); other delivery media are acceptable by special arrangement.
All material will be presented using a digital cinema projector from a 2KDigital Cinema Package (DCP, the standard encoding format used in theaters).
- Dialog normal will be adjusted to our best estimate of -20 dBFS if not provided that way.
- 16-bit audio and compressed audio is accepted, but limits audio quality.
Send file links or technical questions to MIFF@ACutAboveVideo.com.
If shipping or delivering material, send it to:
A Cut Above Video
4450 W. Eau Gallie Blvd., Suite 220
Melbourne, FL 32934-7214 USA
Phone number for shipping and technical questions: 321-253-5677
All other festival related questions should be sent to Contact@MelbourneFilmFest.com
Last Update December 6, 2021